College and Career Center
|Welcome to the YCHS
Working to ensure a bright future for YCHS students
The Yuba City High School Career Center welcomes all students and strives to provide an environment that assists and guides students who are seeking ideas or planning a career. The Career Center is a place to work and learn and, hopefully, energize personal growth and enhance existing skills.
Career Center hours: M – F 7:30 am until 4:00 pm
After School Tutoring Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
(Late Run Bus Passes Available)
Career Center: Temporary Room 322
Computer Lab: Temporary Room 321
(34 computers and 2 LaserJet printers)
Sign up for email updates of the scholarship list and upcoming events.
Scholarships updated weekly.
For Important Websites check under Helpful Resources.
Career Center Services
- Work permit services
- Career assessment and evaluation
- Job search (part time work for students)
- Employment readiness (cover letters, resumés, etc…)
- Occupation research & career planning (utilizing “Career Cruising”)
- Arrange for presentations by business leaders, professionals, and college recruiters ---provide these presenters as “Eye Openers” (attention grabbers) to students who, otherwise, might not be exposed to these situations.
- Military Recruiters and ASVAB---alternatives or enhancement for a college education.
- ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery) tests are followed immediately with interpretation sessions (within a month).
- Yuba College—Financial Aid and Placement Testing: Assist Yuba College as they offer much needed help to local students.
- Scholarship posting and assistance in the Career Center and on the YCHS website.